Antonio Ieva was born in Ludwigsburg (Germany) on November 1976, in a family where music has always played a big role.His brothers, father and grandpa are/were also musicians.With German and southern Italian roots, which of course makes him particularly happy about the MARKBASS endorsement.
1988 was the beginning for Antonio to learn the best instrument in the world: the BASS !!
Without taking lessons, but with the support of his family and the inspiration of his brothers. Like many others, he started out in my school’s orchestra. Various musical stations quickly followed.
He releases some worldwide album with BRAINSTORM and his former bands FARMER BOYS and LETTER X and had also several European tours, worldwide shows and countless festivals from USA, Mexico, via Portugal, Spain, France to Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Belgium and over to Hungary, the Czech Republic, Poland, Bulgaria and so on…
In between he’s also booked for studio jobs or temporary shows.
His influences on bass: Geddy Lee, Jason Newsted, Steve Harris, Cliff Burton, Eddie Jackson, Billy Sheehan.
Musical influences: Bruce Springsteen, Victor Wooten, Rush, Dream Theater, Metallica, Queensryche, Faith No More, Tool, Pantera, Dave Matthews Band.
“Of course I’m proud to have been the official endorser of other brands in the past but now, after 20 years, it was time for a change and for something new” —says Antonio— “and my very first choice paid off right away: MARKBASS !! The reference to Italy closes the circle for me personally!”
- 1989 – 1991: school orchestra
- 1992 – 1999: several bands in the Stuttgart area (Letter X, Changin` Attitude, Th!nk, Engine11, etc.)
- 1995 – 1997: LETTER X
- 1999 – 2014: FARMER BOYS
- 2005: Live Band by Martin Kesici (Casting participant)
- 2001 – 2009: STEREO.PILOT
- 2007 – 2021: BRAINSTORM
- 1996: LETTER X – Reflections (Japan release)
- 1996: CHANGIN’ ATTITUDE – Sun
- 1998: TH!NK – Millennium
- 2000: FARMER BOYS – The World Is Ours (German charts # 27)
- 2003: STEREO.PILOT – Black Box 1.0
- 2004: FARMER BOYS – The Other Side (German charts # 70)
- 2005: STEREO.PILOT – stereo.pilot EP
- 2007: STEREO.PILOT – Crash To Come
- 2008: BRAINSTORM – Downburst (as tour bass player) (German charts # 53)
- 2009: BRAINSTORM – Memorial Roots (German charts # 84)
- 2011: BRAINSTORM – On The Spur Of The Moment (German charts # 59)
- 2014: BRAINSTORM – Firesoul (German charts # 43)
- 2016: BRAINSTORM – Scary Creatures (German charts # 43)
- 2017: BACKYARD KINGDOM – Backyard Kingdom
- 2018: BRAINSTORM – Midnight Ghost (German charts # 25)
- 2021: BRAINSTORM – Wall Of Skulls (German charts # 12)
Photocredit: Benjamin Hölle Photography