Nello D’Anna was born in Naples in 1974, is a professional recording and stage bass player and he has been playing since he was 10 amused by a variety of rock wave such as progressive, punk and hard rock.
During the years he explored other styles from all the kind of to the funk, blues, R’n’ B, soul, Reggae and nu-jazz being inspired by artists like Pino Palladino, Mike Porcaro, Adam Clayton, Sting, Leland Sklar, Glenn Hughes, Tony Levin, Roger Waters and Duff McKagan.
Nello says: “It's not just the research and study of various methods and techniques to train the modern musician, it is above all love, the great passion and understanding with their own tool they do the difference between the creative and the common performer".
Here some of his most important collaborations:
Osanna, Corrado Rustici, Pino Daniele (Napule è tutta n’ata storia Tour), David Jackson (Van der Graaf Generator), Vittorio De Scalzi (New Trolls), Aldo Tagliapietra (Le Orme), Vittorio Nocenzi (Banco Del Mutuo Soccorso), Enzo Gragnaniello, Tullio De Piscopo, Bernardo Lanzetti (PFM), Antonio Cipriani (First Violin del Maestro Luis Bacalov), Alan Sorrenti, Franco Del Prete (Showmen –Napoli Centrale), Jenny Sorrenti, Gianni Leone (Balletto di Bronzo), Giampiero Ingrassia, Tito Schipa Jr., Marcello Vento (Antonello Venditti).
And here some of the most important events he played:
– “The Best Of Italian Rock” – Tokyo – with PFM ,Osanna and Tokyo Vielle Orchestra
– “King Of The Pop” with Jennifer Batten and Osanna
– “Baja Prog” – Mexico –Neal Morse, Fish, PFM, Osanna, Michael Portnoy
– “Ischia Global Film & Music Festival” by Pascal Vicedomini
– “Epiphany concert broadcast on Rai 1 (National Tv network) in 2 edition, with Irene Grandi, Maria Nazionale, Sal Da Vinci, Sergio Cammariere, Mario Biondi, Osanna
– “Italian Progressive Rock Festival“ – Club Città, Kawasaki – with PFM, Goblin, Osanna, Arti & Mestieri, The Trip, Balletto Di Bronzo
– “Vittorio De Scalzi 50 anni di carriera” Teatro San Carlo – Naples – presented by Fabrizio Frizzi, with Katia Ricciarelli, Patty Pravo, Aldo Tagliapietra, Sal Da Vinci, Osanna, Maria Nazionale
– “Napoli RocKramer” by and with Eddie Kramer
– “Prog Sud” – Festival International de Rock Progressif – Marsieilles (Francia)
– “Prog Exhibition” Teatro Tendastrisce – Rome – with PFM, Osanna, John Wetton, Jan Anderson, Aldo Tagliapietra, David Cross, The Trip – Live in Seoul – Corea – Osanna
– “Meravigliosamente Patty” – with Patty Pravo, Osanna e Diego Moreno, di Giorgio Verdelli
– “50 in Buona Compagnia” with “Nuova Compagnia Di Canto Popolare – NCCP” with Fausta Vetere, Corrado Sfogli, Gianni Lamagna – Auditorium Largo Gustav Mahler – Milan
– “Blubar Festival” – Francavilla al Mare / Tributo al Neapolitan Power – with Rino Zurzolo, Franco Del Prete, James Senese, Joe Amoruso, Gigi De Rienzo, Antonio Onorato, Osanna
– “Concerto del Primo Maggio”
– “Capodistria Folk Fest“ – Slovenia
– Concerto “Insieme per l’Abruzzo” – Milan
– “Ravello Festival” – Audutorium Niemeyer
– “Verona Prog Festival”
– “Fasano Jazz”
‘‘The LITTLE MARK TUBE 800 and the STANDARD 104HF cabinet represent the top precision i need… This rig combines a big boost with powerful lows and a sparkling shiny sound in a perfect combination for both a mellow and crispy sound. There is nothing better for my rock sound!’’ —NELLO D'ANNA—